Commercial & Systems Integrators
Home / Jobs
(this posting is now closed/inactive)
Director, Business Development – National Services Division
Willowbrook, IL 60527 United States
Employee Life Insurance
Supplemental Life Insurance
Short Term Disability
Long Term Disability Insurance
Accidental Death and Dismemberment coverage
Employee Assistance Program
Flexible Spending Account
Paid Time Off
Adoption Assistance Benefit
Tuition Assistance Benefit
Professional Certification Program
Commercial & Systems Integrators
G4S Technology is expanding its Services and Maintenance Program and is seeking a senior business development professional to lead the account management and growth strategy with new and existing customers. This will include efforts to grow our services offerings and capabilities to customers in the U.S. and around the globe in the areas of electronic security system services, communication system services, and the associated maintenance and support of those systems. Our services include system implementation, system upgrades, preventative and on-going maintenance, onsite service, diagnostic support, monitoring, and additional work.
The primary focus of this position is to develop a strategic services and maintenance program and generate sales and profitable revenue within the lines of business and services noted above. This requires an in depth understanding of the industry, company capabilities, internal resource management, and the ability to work with new and existing clients.
This position will require you to assess client needs, and work with executive management, project managers, operations managers, and technical staff to determine the appropriate services and maintenance strategies to satisfy the unique needs of our clients. This position will also actively manage relationships with G4S sister companies to ensure that security and communications services activities are optimized for all entities while maintaining the highest levels of customer acceptance and satisfaction.
This position will require an in depth understanding of the converged electronic security and communications industries, our company capabilities, and internal and external resource management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND FUNCTIONS
• Meet and exceed mutually established sales goals, while managing expenses and maximizing return on investment and profit opportunities.
• Identify and develop business opportunities with new and existing customers, and establish needs requirements, resource requirements, availability of funds, and overall business potential.
• Contact, qualify and pursue leads for new and existing strategic account business opportunities.
• Establish a broad client and prospect base and promote all G4S products and services.
• Build long-term advisory relationships with multiple strategic clients. Seek to influence clients to negotiate work versus bidding work.
• Lead the proposal and bid process to provide direction and strategy for responding to client requests for proposals. Coordinate internal efforts to provide a cohesive team approach.
• Assist in the preparation and delivery of customer proposals and presentations
• Develop and implement an ongoing competitive pricing strategy through interactive participation with the internal members of Business Development, Project Development and the Regional Offices.
• Work with the appropriate internal departments to maximize proposal strategy, legal and company compliance, professionalism, and competiveness.
• Generate necessary reports and complete administrative duties in a timely fashion
• Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
• Travel as required.
Education, training, experience:
The applicant should have a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or a related field, and/or a background in Engineering related to security and/or telecom systems sectors. Applicant should have 10+ years of business development/sales experience in the security system and/or telecom services sectors, with three or more years in a service management environment preferred. Applicant should have experience with multiple technology vendors/suppliers. An acceptable equivalency in education and applicable work experience will be considered for this position. The applicant should possess a working knowledge of spreadsheet applications such as Excel, as well as be able to work with CRM, Outlook, Microsoft Word and PowerPoint software. The applicant must possess a valid driver’s license. U.S. DoD or DOE experience is a plus.