Commercial & Systems Integrators
Home / Jobs
(this posting is now closed/inactive)
Field Sales Specialist
Bethesda, MD 20814 United States
FSS - Sales
Commercial & Systems Integrators
IP Security Specialists
Brivo Systems, LLC is a SaaS (Software as a Service) based security management systems provider for organizations that need to protect and remotely monitor buildings and perimeter entry points. When introduced in 2001, Brivo’s web-hosted physical access control system was a unique solution – after a decade of evolution and innovation, it still is. Brivo’s groundbreaking physical access control and video solutions empower organizations by giving administrators real-time device control, including immediate visibility of security events and video in local or remote facilities – anytime, anywhere.
The company’s innovative, secure, and open architecture-based products and services enable businesses to protect people and assets, comply with regulations, and improve business operational efficiency. Brivo’s security management products are a market-proven fit for several diverse applications including office buildings, warehouses, retail stores and manufacturing plants, etc.
With headquarters in Bethesda, MD, Brivo is a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Duchossois Group (TDG) www.duch.com
Brivo is seeking a full time Field Sales Support Specialist employee to join our team in Bethesda, MD, reporting to the Director of Sales Operations. The qualified candidate must be well-rounded and familiar with the growing technology landscape and desires to contribute in a fast-paced multi-platform environment. We need someone as passionate about helping our customers as they are passionate about technology and good operational practices.
The Field Sales Support Specialist (FSS) will support the growth of national and regional dealers by increasing the dealer’s competency to design, sell, install and maintain Brivo’s products. The FSS will provide technical and administrative product information including sales documentation, configuration information and quotations to satisfy dealer requirements in coordination with the director of field sales and our regional sales managers (RSMs).
The FSS will interact directly with the staff of our dealers to establish a high level of understanding of our solutions via formal sales and technical training sessions. The FSS will assist RSMs in responding to requests for proposal and requests for information, demonstrations and to answer dealer and end-user questions. The FSS will provide assistance to the RSMs in evaluating opportunities for technical fit and will assist in drafting technical responses. The FSS will create and publish application notes to describe use cases for Brivo’s products and services.
The FSS will be conversant in the sales support resources available to our channel and will be able to quickly respond to dealer inquiries. The FSS must be able to articulate technology and product positioning to both business and technical users. The FSS must be adept at identification of technical issues to assure complete customer satisfaction through all stages of the sales process.
The FSS must be able to establish and maintain strong relationships throughout the sales cycle with customer and dealers. The FSS must maintain good communication, both verbal and written, with the RSMs and with the balance of the organization to ensure optimal results.
Responsibilities & Duties
• Assist in the sales growth of major independent and national dealers
• Assist the director of sales operations in implementing programs to improve overall dealer performance
• Act as a key sales/technical advisor and product advocate for our products
• Represent the company and product to customers and at field events
• Create, publish and maintain technical documents
• Convey customer requirements to product management teams
• Assist in coordination of customer projects
• Frequent travel throughout assigned sales territory
Education, training, experience:
Skills & Experience
• Prior experience creating written responses to functional and technical requirements for Request for Information (RFI) and Request for Proposal (RFP)
• Prior experience delivering product demonstrations to dealers and end-users
• Prior experience creating a bill of material (BOM)
• Deliver pre-sales and technical training content
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• Demonstrate self-confidence, energy and enthusiasm
• Present ideas, expectations and information in a concise, well-organized way
• Must live in the Washington DC metro area or be willing to relocate at your own expense
• Must be a US Citizen or valid green card holder
• Prefer a pre-sales technical and/or engineering background
• Bachelor degree or equivalent experience
• Minimum of two years of experience required
Our work environment is casual but focused, fun yet performance-driven, and very open to creative thought while retaining a clear sense of the business goals. We have a strong team environment with lots of room for major individual contributions. In addition, Brivo offers a competitive, incentive-based compensation structure, and a full benefits package which includes transportation, parking or bicycle commuting reimbursement; subsidized gym membership in addition to health, dental, life insurance, short and long term disability, 401k plan, FSA, paid vacation, holidays and personal days.
How To Apply
We will be pleased to review your qualifications for this position if you submit a cover letter describing the position you seek, salary requirements and career objectives along with your resume, to firstname.lastname@example.org EEO employer. Principals only, no third party or recruiters.
To learn more about Brivo Systems
We’re seeking bright people with big ideas and a knack for reinvention.
Cloud company. Security company. That’s just for starters. We’re an Internet of Things company, connecting hundreds of thousands of physical objects to web-based services. And, we can’t be all of that without also being a Big Data company. All that intelligence needs to be stored, analyzed and presented back to customers so they can make better decisions.
Building scalable systems is how our employees fundamentally changed the way physical spaces are credentialed, secured and managed. We leapt over the last generation of technology and conceived a revolutionary paradigm for physical security systems, optimized for the cloud, mobility and ease of use. We invite you to learn more about SaaS, the cloud and Brivo Systems at;