Home / Jobs
(this posting is now closed/inactive)
Business Development Representative
Longwood, FL 32750 United States
SUMMARY Develop sales from security dealers for accounts to be monitored at CMS.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. To perform this job successfully, the Business Development Representative may be expected to perform some or all of the duties listed, and other duties as assigned.
• Visit with alarm companies by cold calling or referrals.
• Develop and track leads and follow-up as needed.
• Field sales calls, prospective accounts.
• Price quotations, prospective accounts
• Maintain relationships with manufacturing reps / distributor representatives.
• Visit and maintain relationship with existing dealers.
• Represent CMS at various trade shows and meetings and man CMS booth.
• Provide both oral and written presentations to potential customers outlining services proposed by CMS to small groups such as alarm association meetings.
• Report weekly, monthly on results of travel / calls etc.
• Visit distribution locations – host “counter days” – donuts and meet & greet dealers
• Negotiate and close all contracts presented to potential customers.
• Obtain accurate central stations information required for the monitoring and service of the account.
• Responsible for selling monitoring services to owners of non-monitored security systems.
• Performs all other duties and projects as assigned.
Education, training, experience:
• Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; and two years sales experience; or High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) and six years sales experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Alarm industry experience preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
• Applicable state and local licenses as required.
• Must have valid driver’s license issued by the state in which they reside and proper automobile registration.
• Proof of insurance for personal automobile liability with limits of $100,000/$300,000/$100,000 which provide $100,000 per person injured, $300,000 total accident and $100,000 property damage.