Central Station Employees
Home / Jobs
(this posting is now closed/inactive)
Central Station Manager
Moonachie, NJ 07074 United States
Central Station Employees
Oversees the development, execution, implementation and operations of the central station; the strategies and operations of these disciplines including making assessments, capital utilization, efficiency planning and assessment. Responsible for implementing new technologies, automation, and strategies to improve performance efficiencies.
Primary activities include directing of operational supervisors, dispatchers, panel programmers & customer service reps, ensuring strategic fit between services, and efficient use of infrastructure technology. Continued liaison with the IT, marketing, service and sales organizations.
The central station manager will develop a vision, strategies, policies, procedures and a work environment that breeds success of its employees.
This position functions in a team relationship with other managers, supervisors, directors, and must work closely with and influence the following:
• External Supplier/Partners
• Shift supervisors
• All levels of management
• Manages operational supervisors & dispatchers for capacity analysis, input into staffing and other resource models, technology assessments, and policy/procedure design.
• Directly involved in future acquisitions of monitoring accounts from others within the industry for growth beyond that of the normal channels.
• Participates in all company quality efforts and objectives as appropriate.
• Oversees the execution of programs with the customer base to ensure maximum account/customer retention.
• Maintains proactive contact with customers to anticipate and provide competitive and needed monitoring services.
• Manages the operations to efficiently utilize assigned budgets.
• Actively promotes and participates in partner, customer and associate visitations
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Position requires extensive business experience in a central monitoring station environment and a Bachelor’s degree. The individual should be highly motivated with demonstrated skills in team building/management and possess excellent oral, written and negotiating skills.
Must possess an excellent working understanding of security, networking technologies, communications, telephony, MAS automation software and central station policies, procedures and training curriculum.
Must possess an understanding of the following business issues:
• How the security environment operates, from a technical and business perspective.
• How communications technology affects and enables the security environment.
• Knowledge of software as it affects other central station software and systems.
• Knowledge of effectively managing the human resource elements, creating a positive work environment and culture.
• Knowledge of network security and bandwidth issues affecting the video monitoring systems environment.
• How client/server applications operate in a networking environment.
Minimum 7-8 years proven successful experience in the central station alarm/managed video/hosted access control environment.
Education, training, experience: