Commercial & Systems Integrators
Home / Jobs
(this posting is now closed/inactive)
Executive Security Sales Consultants-Tiers 1-4 & District Sales Manager
Nationwide, United States 99999 United States
California, Illinois, Missouri, South Dakota, Pennsylvania, Minnesota, Ohio, Texas, Wisconsin
-Highly competitive base salary+commission incentive plan
-Monthly Car/Cell Allowance
-Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
-Company Paid Short Term Disability
-401K with 50% Company Match
-Employee Stock Purchase Plan
-Paid vacation, holiday, sick, and personal days
-Exceptional growth opportunities
Commercial & Systems Integrators
Stanley Black & Decker, an S&P 500 company, is a 10 billion dollar diversified global provider of hand tools, power tools and related accessories, mechanical access solutions and electronic security solutions, engineered fastening systems, and more.
This opportunity resides in Stanley Convergent Security Solutions, a global division of Stanley Black & Decker. We design, install, service, and monitor security systems that integrate intrusion, hold-up, fire, video surveillance, access control, and monitoring applications. With today's most comprehensive line of products, services, and technologies, we are the provider of choice for industrial, government, commercial, residential, and national account customers such as schools, hospitals, retailers, financial institutions, and airports.
1. Supports the branch booking and profitability through the achievement and exceeding the individual booking plan, while paying attention to the business mix (i.e. annual service, lease and direct sales)
2. Develops sales lead within the assigned territory through the use of cold calling, referrals, contact with local builders, and direct mailing. Maintains an active lead generation plan. Develops these leads through self-initiated strategies and the assistance of national programs developed through the Marketing Department.
3. Provides timely and effective sales presentations to prospective customers to ensure that the product and services offered are thoroughly explained, understood and sold.
4. Plans a sales approach designed to determine the prospect's needs and wants for the product/services offered, and the investment the prospect is willing to make.
5. Functions as the recognized branch sales expert in the local Security marketplace.
6. Conducts job surveys specifying the type of systems required, and provides a cost proposal and layout to be used as a basis for the contract and by the Installation Department in completing the job. Accompanies the installation department to the initial job start to ensure the customer requirements are confirmed and are understood by the installation department.
7. Exhibits a thorough knowledge of all pricing procedures and strategies to ensure that contract estimates are accurate and will deliver the expected return.
8. Follows sales upon completion of the installation to make certain that the system is working properly, to explain its operation to the customer, and maintain a rapport that will result in continual referrals.
9. Prepares sales reports in a timely manner to keep Sales Managers informed of sales activities.
10. Coordinates with other departments to ensure the confidence of the customer is maintained. This is met through effective communication, oral and written, with department heads and the Branch Manager or Branch Sales Manager
11. Maintains an updated application knowledge of equipment and systems by attending company and branch seminars and by reading related publications.
12. Operates within the general policies and procedures of local branch as well as Home Office; guided by generally accepted alarm industry practices, local ordinances, and U.L. requirements.
13. Maintains a strong working knowledge of all product offerings and systems and has the ability to communicate and sell these systems to customers.
14. Ensures timely and cost-effective completion of each installation in accordance with contract requirements. Develops an effective job schedule for each installation to include cost control, coordination of subcontracting, Engineering, Sales and the customer.
15. Assists the Branch Manager with selecting subcontracting to meet installation needs based on business forecasts and actual bookings.
16. Responsible for planning, forecasting and monitoring all subcontracting costs. Implements corrective actions to ensure costs are consistent with branch financial plans. Responsible for negotiating subcontract agreements as required, and serves as primary contact.
17. Oversees and directs subcontracting personnel; provides the technical expertise necessary to meet installation schedules, service requests, engineering requirements, and contract requirements.
Education, training, experience:
* College Degree preferred (Business, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering)
* Electronic Security industry experience highly preferred
* Proven sales capabilities
* Understanding of systems design and application, pricing, lead generation, and time management
* Ability to work evenings and/or weekend hours
Opportunities located in the following branches:
Santa Ana, CA
Kansas City, MO
Rapid City, SD
San Antonio, TX