Commercial & Systems Integrators
Home / Jobs
(this posting is now closed/inactive)
District Sales Manager
Houston, TX 77002 United States
Fire Systems Installation
Commercial & Systems Integrators
Stanley Black & Decker, an S&P 500 company, is a 10 billion dollar diversified global provider of hand tools, power tools and related accessories, mechanical access solutions and electronic security solutions, engineered fastening systems, and more.
This opportunity resides in Stanley Convergent Security Solutions, a global division of Stanley Black & Decker. We design, install, service, and monitor security systems that integrate intrusion, hold-up, fire, video surveillance, access control, and monitoring applications. With today's most comprehensive line of products, services, and technologies, we are the provider of choice for industrial, government, commercial, residential, and national account customers such as schools, hospitals, retailers, financial institutions, and airports.
1. Manage Sales Representatives to ensure development of sales territory staff, training and development, completion of records and reports, and maximize customer satisfaction through sales team. Coordinate activities of Sale Representatives to prevent duplication of sales efforts.
2. Sale & service three to five direct Level A customer accounts.
3. Participate with Technical Services and Product Information in the development and implementation of product demonstration, training programs, printed materials and other projects.
4. Maintains files, records, and other sources of competitor activity with respect to new products, promotions, pricing activities, or other marketing programs. Procure competitor products as necessary and forward to Technical Services for review.
5. Help ensure the success of the marketing plan through sales efforts directed toward dealers, organizations, professional clients, and end users.
6. Conduct sales meetings and inform the sales force of new developments in product and policies. Advise Sales Representatives of company’s sales promotions programs and counsel the sales representatives regarding their follow up in the field.
7. Conduct follow-up service calls with accounts to ensure satisfaction with all agreements reached during sales approach. 8. Maintain current technical product-related knowledge and general sales techniques and trends. Prepare summaries of important trends for management use.
9. Performs duties and responsibilities as described in the quality system
10. Perform other assignments in support of the sales operations as requested by Regional Manager.
• Skills or experience with personal computers, including electronic E-mail, personal scheduling, word processing and electronic spreadsheet skills
• Demonstrated aptitude for problem-solving; ability to determine solutions for customers
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrated initiative
• Flexible style
• Valid driver’s license
• Proven sales record
• Ability to negotiate within standard guidelines
Knowledge of CSS product line required Education/Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Sales and Marketing
• 8 - 10 years sales experience
• 2 years management experience Key Dimensions: Financial Scope:
• N/A Personal: Building Customer Loyalty
• Sales Ability/Persuasiveness
• Meeting Leadership
• Customer Focus
• Continuous Improvement Communication Functional Requirements:
• Must be able to make sales calls to and at customer sites.
• Must be able to manipulate a computer keyboard
• Must be able to verbally communicate via telephone.
• Must have ability to discern color, distance vision, peripheral vision and depth perception, with or without correction.
• Must be able to use public transportation for business travel
Education, training, experience: