Home / Jobs
(this posting is now closed/inactive)
National Account Manager
Chicago, IL 60601 United States
Commercial & Systems Integrators
Fire Systems Installation
Stanley Black & Decker, an S&P 500 company, is a 10 billion dollar diversified global provider of hand tools, power tools and related accessories, mechanical access solutions and electronic security solutions, engineered fastening systems, and more.
This opportunity resides in Stanley Convergent Security Solutions, a global division of Stanley Black & Decker. We design, install, service, and monitor security systems that integrate intrusion, hold-up, fire, video surveillance, access control, and monitoring applications. With today's most comprehensive line of products, services, and technologies, we are the provider of choice for industrial, government, commercial, residential, and national account customers such as schools, hospitals, retailers, financial institutions, and airports.
Reporting Relationships: This position reports to the Area Vice President of National Accounts.
Position Purpose: The National Account Manager develops and maintains National Account customers while meeting the objectives of the National Account team.
1. Manage all aspects of current assigned accounts within assigned region. Using Salesforce.com, update customer information and contact information.
2. Review National Account scorecard with customer to address any positive/negative facts about the customer’s account.
3. Identify any operational issues that might arise and resolve them with the appropriate internal teams. Identify and develop new opportunities within a current customer base. Examples would include additional locations owned by the National Account customer that have not yet been penetrated.
4. Meet and exceed monthly sales quota.
5. Develop a business plan to identify new opportunities. Track all new opportunities in Salesforce.com.
6. Maintain a good relationship with key customer contacts at prospective organizations.
7. Provide a timely and effective sales presentation to prospective customers to ensure that the product and services offered are thoroughly explained and understood.
8. Plan a sales approach designed to identify the prospect’s needs and wants for the product/services offered, and the investment the prospect is willing to make.
9. Work with the assigned Applications Engineer and Area Vice President to identify system design.
10. Direct commercial sales representatives in completing site surveys for local National Account customers to gain key information and rapport with local customer contacts.
11. Frequently contact current customer base to keep a good working relationship. Ensure that the customer is satisfied with the current service. Work with the appropriate internal team members to resolve any problems (invoices, service, access, monitoring, etc.).
12. Complete Requests for Information and Requests for Proposal on job bids. Detailed research and responses are required. Work closely with the Area Vice President, National Account Customer Relation Specialist, Licensing, and other internal teams to deliver quick and accurate data to the customer.
Education, training, experience:
Education and Experience:
1. Proficient use of Microsoft Office Suite.
2. Bachelor’s Degree Preferred (Management, Marketing, Liberal Arts)
3. Minimum of 3 years sales experience with major accounts.
4. Industry Experience preferred.
5. Strong interpersonal, negotiation, communication, organizational, and multitasking skills.
6. Ability to communicate written and orally.
Compensation: Base Salary plus performance incentive, Employee benefits including 401k, medical & dental, insurance.